Recurring meetings are very useful for a lot of organizations and it is unfortunate that Outlook does not provide the necessary data structure for the AskCody add-ins to function properly.
However, deliveries for recurring meetings are usually also associated with major costs. As time goes on meetings in the series get canceled, moved or the organizer decides that the delivery needs to be changed.
This is where the use of individual meetings actually helps to push user-behavior towards more considerate usage of service providers and for users that book a lot of these meeting. We have a smart trick to minimize both time and clicks needed to create these smarter meeting series.
- Step 1: Open Outlook.
- Step 2: Go to the Outlook calendar and create a normal meeting invite with the attendees and room you need for your smart meeting series.
- Step 3: Send the meeting invite and return to the calendar.
- Step 4: Select the meeting you just created by left-clicking the meeting once.
- Step 5: Hold the CTRL button and press the C button to Copy the meeting to your clipboard.
- Step 6: Select the next time you want this meeting to happen by left-clicking the time slot in the calendar once.
- Step 7: Hold the CTRL button and press the V button to Paste the meeting from your clipboard to the selected time slot.
- Step 8: Open the copied meeting and send the invite.
Now you have two versions of the same meetings without having to add attendees, description, etc. all over again. You can do this as many times as you need and all the AskCody add-ins will work perfectly for all the meetings in your smarter meeting series.
Note: any orders you have created on the original meeting will not be copied to the following meetings. To create orders for the following meeting, just open the add-in and create a new order.