AskCody Add-ins, Display solutions, and Management portal include different types of error codes if something goes wrong.
Error codes differ in severity, and in most cases explain the issue as something that users are able to act upon instantly. This could, for example, be a network error when loading an add-in, which only requires the user to click on "try again" and reload the add-in. In other cases, errors can be related to product configuration or to the exchange connection, which can also be solved with the assistance of a System administrator in your company.
I have encountered an error as an AskCody User
Follow the error description, and if is not possible to solve the problem yourself (by for example reloading the page, or reestablishing the network connection) please collect the information in text or screenshot, and follow your company's internal process for support, whether that means to pass the information to the AskCody responsible or system owner within the organization.
I have encountered an error as an AskCody Administrator/System owner
If the error is reported by a user that is unable to solve the problem, or the error occurs in the management portal, the AskCody Troubleshooting guide contains a list of error codes for further investigations.
As a system owner please follow the AskCody status page to ensure you are always up to date if the platform performance is degraded, or in case an outage on the platform occurs. By doing this, you will also be updated in advance on eventual platform maintenance, which could result in users getting sporadic errors in a given time period.
How to look up the error code in the troubleshooting guide
Error codes can be found in this searchable section
Error codes are explained in the following format:
Domain: Where in the AskCody infrastructure is this related
Code: The exact error code displayed
Type: The error type can be one of the following
- Temporary error (Please try again later. If multiple temporary errors occur, contact support)
- Local error (These errors occur locally on devices. You are often able to resolve this type of error.)
- Configuration error (You are often able to resolve this type of error, please check your product configuration and take a look at our articles in the product set up guides)
- Unknown error (You are not able to resolve this error, check AskCody StatusPage if no general error is reported, contact AskCody Support)
- Permanent error (You are not able to resolve this error, check AskCody StatusPage if no general error is reported, contact AskCody Support)
Description: A more elaborate error description if possible. Please note that in some cases a further investigation is needed to pinpoint the problem.
Possible Solution: How to solve the error