AskCody Active Directory Forwarding Service (AADFS) is a small Windows service that forwards object data from Active Directory to AskCody. The service must run on a Windows server on your network, but not on the Active Directory server itself.
The service depends on the following:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or later
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
Minimum Server Requirements
- Processor: Minimum 2GHz dual-core
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory: 1.75GB
Additionally, outbound communication on port 443 (HTTPS) and internet connection (to https://sync.goaskcody.com/active_directory/ in North America and https://sync.onaskcody.com/active_directory/ in EMEA) must be allowed.
Installing the service
- Download the installer here
- Run the .exe installer to install the service's program files
- Go to the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AskCody ApS\AskCody Active Directory Forwarding Service
- Press install and insert username and password for the user running logged in and running the service.
The service stores configuration file, logs, and runtime data in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\AskCody\ActiveDirectory\ForwardingService.
Please note that %USERPROFILE% is for the user that the service will run as, which is not necessarily the user that installed the service. In that case, the AADFS shortcut folder on the Desktop might point to the wrong folder.
Now the service is installed it needs to be configured