Welcome to AskCody® - this article is intended for first-time sign-ups only. In order for you to initiate your trial, please visit the AskCody sign-up page.
Now that you have initiated your trial account you are only 3 simple steps away from getting started with using the AskCody products.
- Establish the connection
- Choose among the AskCody products
- Set up and configure the selected AskCody products
Step 1: Establish a connection
In the AskCody Manager, please select Settings from the top left menu to establish a connection.
Now click Connect and choose Connections.
When you enter the AskCody Connect page for the first time, click the connect button and choose Google Calendar for connecting both room calendars and user calendars to AskCody.
- Choose a name for the connection, e.g. "AskCody Service Account."
- Type in the email address for the service account e.g. AskCodyServiceAccount@yourcompany.com (the service account must have access to all the calendars you want to connect to AskCody).
With an established connection to your Google Calendar, it is time to add your meeting room calendars to the AskCody Manager.
Choose to Google Calendar as the calendar type and please make sure, that the meeting rooms you add to the AskCody Manager are the meeting room calendars already configured in your Google setup, the ones you can already book in Google Calendar.
- Choose the name of the meeting room you would like to add.
- Choose the service account you just added.
- Type in the calendar ID which is 26 characters followed by @group.calendar.google.com (the ID can be found in your Google Calendar settings).
- Choose between the resource type. In this example, “Room” is selected.
- If you have added any categories, you can add them now. Categories are only used for organizing your calendars in AskCody Manager and is entirely optional.
- Press “Connect” to validate and save.
Step 2: Choose the AskCody products
With all your meeting room calendars from Google added, it is time to decide which AskCody products and services you would like to access through the AskCody Manager.
You already have access to:
- AskCody ActivityView
- AskCody Today+
By contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, you can get access to:
- AskCody Welcome+
- AskCody WayFinder
**Meeting+, RoomFinder and the Welcome+ add-in are only available for connections to Exchange**
Step 3: Set up and configure the AskCody products
The following list contains links to the getting started guides for each of the AskCody products.