First of all, we will need a contact person with knowledge of the building. This person will be in charge of communicating changes and comments to us during the map creation process.
Then we need to receive the following info before we begin:
Regarding the map:
- Up-to-date and detailed plans and drawings of the building with all room names and room numbers marked, as well as all entrances. (Required if AskCody should create the map for you).
- Info whether or not any of the floors have elevated/restricted areas.
- What elevators/stairs are accessible (which should have routes leading to them).
- Fire escape location indication.
- Should the map have colored areas?
- Should the map show furniture? If yes, which and where?
- Should the area surrounding the building be shown on the map?
Regarding the WayFinder Kiosk:
- What should the title be displayed above the map on the WayFinder Kiosk? (e.g.,. the location of kiosk or name of building).
- Where is the kiosk located and what direction is the user when looking at the screen.
- What icons should be shown and where (needs to be clearly indicated on the map we receive from you)? Custom icons can be created for an additional fee.
- Should the destinations be sorted in categories? If yes, what categories? (only 1 category per destination).
According to past experiences, the most effective review process is as follows:
- A Skype meeting with screen share to discuss any potential questions or concerns about the map.
- The map from AskCody has been sent to the customer with names and icons for final layout confirmation and approval before making routes.
- The complete map with icons, names, and routes is sent to the customer in the form of a WayFinder Kiosk URL for final approval.
Further updates or corrections to the map/WayFinder Kiosk should be sent to email@example.com
For more informational articles and detailed setup tips about WayFinder, visit WayFinder product page.