The AskCody Workplace Add-in helps you search for all calendar resources across multiple locations and is fully integrated with Outlook. Employees can search and sort by the purpose of a meeting (e.g. video conference or external), equipment or services (e.g. a whiteboard or catering), or capacity.
The Askcody Workplace module consists of 3 parts:
- Workplace Add-in is the user interface that integrates with Outlook where employees can search for and add resources. The add-in is connected to Exchange through the connected service account, so the add-in will always have updated information on which calendars are available.
- Resources is the online overview of all your connected resource calendars. This is where you set up each calendar to match the relevant search criteria (purpose, equipment/services, and capacity) and configure the other Workplace Add-in features.
- Resources Admin Center is where you create the purposes and equipment/service that should be available when setting up the calendars in the Resources overview.
The requirements for setting up the Workplace Add-in:
- Created a connection between AskCody and your Exchange/G-Suite resource calendars (Click here, to learn how).
- Added the connected resource calendars in Resources in the AskCody Management Portal.
- Make sure you have the AskCody role: Owner or Workplace Administrator (RoomFinder Admin.).
Step 1: Create capabilities
Go to Admin Center → Click on Resources at the top of the page and choose Equipment/Services → Click Add → Name the capability and click Add
Step 2: Create purposes
Go to Admin Center → Click on Resources at the top of the page and choose Purposes → Click Add → Name the purpose and click Add
Step 3: Add resource calendars
Click on the main drop-menu in the top left corner → Go to Resources → Click Activate → Fill in the information, choose the appropriate Purposes and Capabilities and click Activate
Step 4: Install the Workplace Add-in
Go to Admin Center → Click on Add-ins at the top of the page → Copy the Workplace Manifest URL to your clipboard (ctrl+c) → Install the add-in via Exchange Admin Center (click here to learn how) or via Powershell (click here to learn how)