This is a small guide for setting up the AskCody RoomFinder. RoomFinder can be deployed as an add-in or plug-in for Outlook and Office365 OWA.
Before you start setting up and using RoomFinder, please make sure that you have connected to the AskCody Manager and created the calendars for the rooms you wish to make available when using the RoomFinder.
To learn how to connect to the AskCody Manager and create calendars, please visit this article.
Walkthrough of the RoomFinder in the AskCody Manager
To open RoomFinder in the AskCody Manager, log on to manager.onaskcody.com (manager.goaskcody.com for the USA) and choose AskCody RoomFinder in the top left corner. Here you can activate rooms and create/edit locations, purposes, and capabilities. You will also find a Manifest URL for installing the RoomFinder add-in in Outlook (to learn how to install via Manifest URL, please click here).
The list of meeting rooms is the first tab you see when you open the RoomFinder. This is a list showing all the meeting rooms connected to the AskCody Manager, as well as showing the status, location, name, capacity, purpose, and capability of each meeting room.
- The status indicates which rooms have been marked as active and inactive. Only Active rooms will be shown in the RoomFinder for Outlook.
- The location indicates where the room is located and can be changed by pressing the "edit" button on the right side of the list. To create a new location or edit a current location, click on the Locations tab at the top of the screen.
- The capacity indicates the minimum amount of people that can be in the room at once and can be changed by pressing the edit button on the right side of the list. However, the capacity of a room must be at least 1.
- The purpose indicates how the room is meant to be utilized and can be changed by pressing the edit button on the right side of the list. You can create multiple purposes and assign more than one to each room. To create a new purpose or edit a current purpose, click on the Purposes tab at the top of the screen.
- The capability indicates the what equipment, services, etc. are available when using the room and can be changed by pressing the edit button on the right side of the list. You can create multiple capabilities and assign more than one to each room. To create a new capability or edit a current capability, click on the Capabilities tab at the top of the screen.