AskCody RoomFinder helps you search for all calendar resources across multiple locations and is fully integrated with Outlook. Employees can search and sort by the purpose of a meeting (e.g. video conference or external), equipment or services (e.g. a whiteboard or catering), or capacity.
The RoomFinder solution consists of 3 parts:
- The Rooms list is the online overview of all your connected room and equipment calendars. This is where you set up each calendar to match the relevant search criteria (purpose, equipment/services, and capacity) and configure the other RoomFinder features.
- The Rooms Admin Center is where you create the purposes and equipment/service that should be available when setting up the calendars in the Rooms list.
- The RoomFinder add-in is the user interface that integrates with Outlook where employees can search for and add rooms. The add-in is connected to Exchange through the connected service account, so the add-in will always have updated information on which calendars are available.
What you need before you can set up RoomFinder:
- A service account and room calendars connected to AskCody (Click here, to learn how)
- A user with the Owner role.
Step 1: Create capabilities
Go to Admin Center → Click on Rooms at the top of the page and choose Equipment/Services → Click Add → Name the capability and click Add
Step 2: Create purposes
Go to Admin Center → Click on Meeting Rooms at the top of the page and choose Purposes → Click Add → Name the purpose and click Add
Step 3: Set up Meeting rooms
Go to RoomFinder → Click on Activate to the right of one of your meeting rooms → Fill in the information, choose the appropriate Purposes and Capabilities and click Activate
Step 4: Install the RoomFinder add-in
Go to Admin Center → Click on Add-ins at the top of the page → Copy the RoomFinder Manifest URL to your clipboard (ctrl+c) → Install the add-in via Exchange Admin Center (click here to learn how) or via Powershell (click here to learn how)