Welcome+ allows employees to skip the tedious back and forth correspondence between multiple organizational units when a visitor needs to be registered. The employee is in full control of the visitor registration and both the reception and security will have a simple and comprehensive overview of all the registered visitors and visitors that already have been checked in or out.
The Welcome+ solution consists of 3 parts:
- The Welcome+ Manager is the online interface where the reception staff can manage hosts, expected visitors, and check-ins.
- The Welcome+ Admin Center is the online interface where the reception management can manage the number of reception and set up specific visitor rules and check-in management.
- The Welcome+ add-in is the user interface that integrates with Outlook where employees can register and manage their visitors. The add-in is connected to both Exchange and the Welcome+ manager, so all changes regarding meeting time and location are automatically updated when and sent to the reception.
There are many different configuration options for Welcome+ in order to support as many use cases and workflows as possible. If you have any questions or need configurations advice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you need before you can set up Welcome+:
- If you will be using the Welcome+ add-in, a service account and all room calendars connected to AskCody (Click here to learn how)
- A user with the Welcome+ Administrator or Owner role.
Step 1: Create a Reception
Go to Admin Center* → Click on Welcome+ and choose Receptions → Click Add → Fill out the information and click Add.
Step 2: Create a Check-in screen configuration
Go to Admin Center* → Click on Welcome+ and choose Check-in Screen Configuration → Click Add → Fill out the information and click Add.
Step 3: Create a check-in screen
Go to Admin Center* → Click on Welcome+ and choose Check-in Screen → Click Add → Fill out the information and click Add.
Step 4: Install the Welcome+ add-in for Outlook
Go to Admin Center* → Click on Add-ins → Copy the Manifest URL to your clipboard (ctrl+c) → Install the add-in via Exchange Admin Center (click here to learn how) or via Powershell (click here to learn how)
Step 5: Create hosts
How to create hosts manually: Go to the Welcome+ Manager+* → Click Hosts and choose Manage hosts → Click Add → Fill in the information and click Add
How to import hosts via .csv file: Go to the Welcome+ Manager+ → Click Hosts and choose Import hosts → Upload the .csv file and click Import
*Admin Center and the Welcome+ Manager are only available to the users with the Owner or Welcome+ administrator role. The owner role is granted to the first user by default.
For more informational articles and detailed setup tips about Welcome+, visit the Welcome+ product page.