This article is intended for first-time sign-ups only. In order for you to initiate your trial, please visit the AskCody sign-up page.
Now that you have initiated your trial account you are only 4 simple steps away from getting started with using the AskCody products.
- Set up a location
- Establish a connection
- Connect your room calendars
- Set up and configure the AskCody product suite
Step 1: Set up a location
Go to Admin Center* → Click on General at the top of the page and choose Locations → Click New Location → Fill out the information and click Create
Step 2: Establish a connection
Select Admin Center from the top left menu to establish a connection.
Now click Connect and choose Connections.
When you enter the Connections page for the first time, click the connect button and choose EWS for connecting room calendars to AskCody via Exchange Web Services.
- Choose a name for the connection, e.g. "AskCody Service Account."
- Type in the username/email address for the service account (The username or email address you just added in your Exchange environment e.g. AskCodyServiceAccount@yourcompany.com)
- Type in the password for the account. It is the password you added along with the username when you created the service account in Exchange.
- Choose your specific Exchange version.
- Type in your EWS address, e.g. https://owa.yourcompany.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx, unless you picked Exchange Online in the previous step. (The EWS address is global for Exchange Online, so we do not need you to specify it.)
- If the AskCody user has been granted the ApplicationImpersonation role, check the ”The account has the ApplicationImpersonation role” box. (Please notice, that ApplicationImpersonation is required for certain features to perform correctly, e.g. to ”confirm” meetings from Today+ meeting room signs and more.)
Step 3: Connect your room Calendars
With an established connection to your Exchange environment, it is time to add your meeting room calendars to the AskCody Manager.
- Choose EWS since the calendar mailbox should be connected using the EWS connection created earlier in this guide.
Please make sure, that the meeting rooms you add to the AskCody Manager are the meeting room resources already configured in your Exchange environment, the ones you can already book in Outlook.
- Choose the name of the meeting room you would like to add.
- Choose the location of the meeting room
- Choose the service account you just added.
- Type in the email address (primary SMTP address) of the meeting room resource mailbox, e.g. email@example.com.
- Choose between the resource type. In this example, “Room” is selected.
- If you have added any categories, you can add them now. Categories are only used for organizing your calendars in AskCody Manager and are entirely optional.
- Press “Connect” to validate and save.
Step 4: Set up and configure the AskCody products
With all your meeting room resource calendars from Exchange added, it is time to set up and configure the AskCody product suite to accompany your needs.
You already have access to:
- AskCody ActivityView
- AskCody RoomFinder
- AskCody Today+
- AskCody Meeting+
- AskCody Welcome+
By contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, you can get access to:
- AskCody WayFinder
The following list contains links to the getting started guides for each of the AskCody products.