This article will explain how to establish a connection between your Exchange Server and the AskCody manager (using Basic authentication). This is necessary for the AskCody system to access your meeting and calendar data which is essential for the system to function optimally.
This article is divided into two sections which also is the two steps you have to follow to connect your Exchange Server to the AskCody Manager:
- Create a Service Account on your Exchange Server
- Connect the Service Account to the AskCody Manager
1. Create a Service Account on your Exchange Server
To establish a connection between your AskCody Manager and Exchange, you need to create a normal Exchange user (also called Service Account) and give this user ApplicationImpersonation. The Service Account and will ensure that all calendar activity is kept in sync between AskCody and Exchange.
You have two options for creating a Service Account in Exchange. You can either use:
2. Connect the Service Account to the AskCody Manager
You have now created a Service Account in your Exchange Server and want to connect this Service Account to the AskCody Manager. Follow the steps below and you have established the connection in no time:
- Log in to the AskCody Manager (Click here to login).
- Click the menu tab in the upper left corner.
- Go to the Admin Center.
- In the Admin Center, click Connect and choose Connections.
- Click Add and choose Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Click Connect. If you don't get an error your connection is correct and is now established.
This article might be helpful: