1. Download the required software
- Google Chrome
- Hot Virtual Keyboard (recommended, not required)
- Secure Lockdown (recommended, not required)
2. Boot up!
- Make sure Windows license is activated
- Log in with the default user
- Plug-in Wi-Fi dongle and connect to the internet
3. Windows Setup (Requirement: version 8.1 and newer)
- Set Power Plan to "never" - to prevent system standby
- Set User Account Control Settings to "minimum level" - tip: use windows search to find this setting.
- Black desktop wallpaper
- Hide the toolbar in screen top
- Download and install the latest version of Google Chrome
4: Chrome Kiosk Setup
- Disable google translateSettings -> Advanced Settings -> Language
- Install extentionschrome://extensions/ -> install Hot Virtual Keyboard extention
- Right Click on desktop shortcut and choose properties
- In target, type the following: --incognito --kiosk --disable-pinch --enable-viewport-meta --overscroll-history-navigation=0 URL
5. Chrome Kiosk Setup (Welcome+ with labelprinting)
- Disable google translate: Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Language
- Install extention: chrome://extensions/ -> install Hot Virtual Keyboard extention
- Hot Virtual Keyboard ExtentionSetting: Set "work in incognito-mode"(IMPORTANT)
- Close all Chrome tabs and Right Click on desktop shortcut and choose properties
- In target, type the following: --incognito --kiosk --kiosk-printing --enable-viewport-meta --disable-pinch --overscroll-history-navigation=0 URL
- It is important that you use the LTD (Large Touch Display) URL, as this is the only Welcome+ Check-in URL that supports printing.
6. Printer Setup (Welcome+ with label printing)
- Install PrinterDriver
- Connect Printer via USB and proceed install process - Choose USB or Network printing
- If installed with Wi-Fi connection, make sure there is only one printer in printer settings
- Go to printer preferences and set label size.
- Make sure the printer does not have any sleep mode activated.
7. Hot Virtual Keyboard (Recommended software)
- Install Hot Virtual Keyboard and install the browser add-on for Hot Virtual Keyboard
- After install, use the setup wizard and make sure the following are selected
- Keyboard type[Kiosk Alpha] Style[Black]
- Advanced: Show when cursor is visible, fit width, Dock at the bottom of Screen
- After install, right-click htw system tray icon and select Options - Set high priority for HVT
8. Secure Lockdown Install (Recommended software)
- Install Secure Lockdown
- Open Secure Lockdown and set a new password. accept .Net framework update
- Choose the Chrome shortcut as "Master application."
- Select Hot Virtual Keyboard as "Background application."
9. Using Secure Lockdown
- Tap Secure Lockdown icon, and press Alt-Shift-S
- Enter your Secure Lockdown Password and select enable Secure Lockdown. Press no to restart.
- When booted in Secure Lockdown, press Alt-Shift-S and enter the password.
- Deselect enable Secure Lockdown."
- Now Windows will boot up instead of Secure Lockdown."
Now you have a plug 'n' play Kiosk Setup!
If there are any questions about this setup or technical difficulties, please contact support.