What is it for
AskCody delivers a product license key for setting up Welcome+ Check-in screens and in addition to this provide hardware setup recommendations. The Check-in screen is designed to be displayed fullscreen on touch devices and in this case a Windows Touch PC. The recommended setup is a simple setup with Chrome in kiosk mode and Windows default touch keyboard we refer to this as Standard Kiosk mode. If a kiosk needs to be completely locked down which is typically used in unmanned receptions, this article is about our recommended way of doing this.
- Windows 10
- Stable internet connection
- 1080P display or larger display resolution
- Landscape view
Prepare kiosk setup
- Download and install Google Chrome
- Download and install Secure Lockdown (Use valid product license)
- Download and install Hot Virtual Keyboard (Use valid product license and follow the setup wizard to configure Hot Virtual Keyboard).
- Open Chrome and install the Chrome extension for Hot Virtual Keyboard (This is required to make Hot Virtual Keyboard pop-up when pressing input fields in Google Chrome). Important! make sure to open the extension after installation and press the toggle (Enable in incognito).
- Place the Windows Taskbar in screen top and hide the taskbar (This is due to the taskbar sometimes flashing when running in secure lockdown mode).
- In Google Chrome Disable google translateSettings -> Advanced Settings -> Language
Configuring Hot Virtual Keyboard
Hot Virtual Keyboard is fully customizable but to ensure optimal user experience we recommend using the following configuration.
- When installing follow the setup wizard
- Set Keyboard type to [Kiosk Alpha] Style[Black]
- In advanced setting set the following : Show when the cursor is visible, fit width, Dock at the bottom of Screen.
- After installation, right-click Hot Virtual Keyboard system tray icon and select Options -> Set high priority for Hot Virtual Keyboard
Chrome in kiosk mode
A chrome shortcut on the desktop will be configured to open in kiosk view that will show the URL in fullscreen, disable Chrome's built-in touch gestures and make chrome skip the print dialog.
Right Click on the desktop shortcut and choose properties
- In the field Target, type the following after the target path for Google Chrome:
--incognito --kiosk --kiosk-printing --enable-viewport-meta --overscroll-history-navigation=0 ASKCODY LICENSE-URL
Printer Setup (Welcome+ with label printing)
Configuring Secure Lockdown
- Install Secure Lockdown
- Open Secure Lockdown and set a new password. accept. Net framework update
- Choose the Chrome shortcut as "Master application."
- Select Hot Virtual Keyboard as "Background application."
For more information about Secure LockDown Setup can be found here
Using Secure Lockdown
- Tap Secure Lockdown icon, and press Alt-Shift-S
- Enter your Secure Lockdown Password and select enable Secure Lockdown. Press no to restart.
- When Windows is booted in Secure Lockdown, press Alt-Shift-S and enter the password.
- Deselect enable Secure Lockdown."
- Now Windows will boot up instead of Secure Lockdown."